Wednesday, August 29, 2007

today came and went....not necessarily a bad day...but it wasn't a god day either...some days my mind gets the best of me and changes my whole perspective on the day. but thats a different story for a different day.

on a lighter note, as i was riding the train back to the apt, i heard two students talking. a logics question came up....which i have yet to figure out...maybe you will have better luck....
here it goes:

three people go to a hotel and each pay ten dollars for the room ($30 a night)
they go up to the room and find a coupon for $5 dollars off. they all go back down to redeem the coupon. each guy gets $1 back. so now it is like each one only paid $9 a piece. there are $2 left from the discount.

so ...what happened to the other dollar??

3 people * $9= $27
$27+$2(left over from the $5 off)= $29

where is the last $1???

let me know what you figure out!!

with love.
<3 katie jo

1 comment:

Wandering said...

I'm gonna have to think about that one, but I will let you know when I figure it out!