Wednesday, September 19, 2007

a substantial set back

I have been in communications with all the schools I have been trying to get into in order to get my master's degree. It looks as though I won't be able to do the 3 pre-req classes before the deadline for applications to Loyola. not unless I can come up with $3750.00. That's what it would cost.
Usually, I wouldn't see this as a terrible thing. I'll just apply for Financial Aid, right? Nope. Not this time Kalen. You aren't actually considered a real student. The term Northwestern gives is called "student-at-large." This, however, doesn't qualify for finacial aid. Technically, i'm not actually progressing towards an actual degree. No loans, no grants, no nothing.

So, it looks as though I will have to find something else to do. Guess it just wasn't in the cards for me.

Kinda sucks. This is a big blow. Any idea's (that don't have jail time as a reprecussion?)

sad face.
~k

1 comment:

Wandering said...

whats wrong with a little time in the pokey? haha! Sorry to hear about your setback:( maybe you could become a fitness geek? That's always a good way to waste some time:)